Monday, 30 October 2017

Stage 2 Bjórn the Fell Handed Time Line

I have already finished the Gregor Fell Hand mini just need to base it, again. As the single, tip top contact point isn't very song.

And yesterday I dug out the plastic version that I have in order to paint it grey , which I plan to do this week.

I'll replace him with the one from the conversion next month.
I also got this one in the post, I had planned to strip it and paint it again but this is a great paint job and I feel conformable leaving it as is.

Sunday, 29 October 2017

Early Plans For 2018



It's nearly November and I'm starting to think about what I'm going to focus on next year.
I think at this point I'll wait for the Harlequins 8th ed Codex to come out and then see what's changed and then focus on that army in 2018. I'll also be picking up the Dark Angels Codex and The Lion when he's released.


The main plan for the first part of the year is to get my Chaos Helbrute family tree re painted and a board worked out for Armies on Parade 2018.

Around that I'm thinking of rounding out my Dreads with some of the Forge World ones, and converting the Abomination class dreads into Deredos.
And I'm not going to plan to start a new army in 2018. But I'm not saying I won't be, I have declared that I won't be starting a Sisters army if they get plastic minis though, with possible exception of the Penetent Engine.

Thursday, 26 October 2017

Finished Off Both Oldhammer Dreads

Yesterday I got both dreads finished, The Hounds Aggressor conversion and the Chaos helbrute version .




The Stumpy Aggressor, the Longshanks Sgt arrived yesterday morning which was a surprise as I'd only bought it the day before, I think I'll wait till I get the other one before I start the next 2.





And the RT Chaos helbrute. I had ment to get a better light photo today but I was too busy getting stabbed in the back by a moron at work and then way too tired. After getting this guy finished I do like how it looks l, just thinking in the December / January quite time do I re paint the chaos dreads into Word barers colours?


And a 2nd ed push fit plastic test piece I did as well.

Tuesday, 24 October 2017

WIP 25/10/17

I'd bought a bottle of Agrax Earthshade on Saturday, but I only remembered to take it into work with me tonight, but but this has next to nothing to do with what I did last night.


I fitted the bolt storm gauntlets on to the hands with some minor embellishments to the hands. I was surprised by how easy the right arm went together, the left arm gave me a bit more trouble.


Both arms look really good, I think. And this has prompted me to consider doing a squad of 3 of these, which means the others will be flamestorm gauntlets.


My little arse kicker.


And now to the agrax, I used it on the very basic push fit plastic, over a base of Khorne red , the other marine got a wash of gloss nuln oil before both got a dry brush of wazzdakka red.

Monday, 23 October 2017

The Next Project

I started this the other night, as a something other than a Dreadnought. And it's already escalated into a project to reveal the various family trees I've done over time. I'm planning on doing a Fell Handed Time Line, rather than a family tree to show how he's changed over the years.




The first nights progress.



And tonight's work.
Next up is to dig out the plastic version I have painted up as Timberwolf to re paint grey, and next month I'm buying a 3rd Fat Albert dreadnought and the Bjórn kit to build a groß Bjórn

And yes I think I've found the Livvi dreadnought I'm buying first.

Saturday, 21 October 2017

Prime Time

And used up another can of the Halfords Grey Plastic Primer.


Primed the sprues for these 2 tonight, I'm planning on doing a Bjórn the Fell Handed Time Line, family tree feels wrong for this, starting with the Burning of Prospero mini, if I can find a cheap metal dread I'll add it in, plan to buy the Space Wolf dread kit and a Redemptor Dreadnought kit next month to convert the Fat Albert dreadnought into a big Bjórn, I'll pull Timberwolf out of The Lion's Blades and replace it with the Dread from the pup kit and paint Timberwolf up in grey to match the Bjórn time line.

With these I'm still planning on adding a set of bolt storm gauntlets to the chuck dread and running him as a Sgt in this squad and mounting the flame storm gauntlets on one and paint that as a Mentors Chapter veteran /Sgt.

Friday, 20 October 2017

I Demand A Recount!

Photo heavy post!

I got 55 Dreads to fit onto the 2x2 before loosing the desire to get the Exodites of Telvig Wraith Lords pit as well , which would have taken it to 63. . .

55 with room to spare.


19 (or 24, depending on if you count the Deathwing Knights), Dreads for the 40k Lion's Blades.


2 Talons for the 30k Dreadnought army.





Storage hasn't been kind to one of the metal venerable dreadnoughts.




The Knights of Blood Dreads

The Hounds dreads.

The Exodites of Telvig Wraith Lords





And the Chaos helbrute family tree.
All the boxes are now back upstairs, just got the Librarian Dreadnought arms in my box to magnetise the hands tonight.