Friday 27 November 2015

Reading


Not had much time to hobby recently but I have had a bit of time to read... I recently read for the umpteeth time Against A Dark Background by Iain M Banks, this is by far one of my favourite books and it has a hard sci-fi style and an amazing feeling of age.
I've also read again The Chase and Wilde books by Andy McDermott

If you're after a "summer block buster" type if story with some historical pointers and there is always a car chase, these are great. Also tucked in that picture is a Murakami cover, I've read a few of his books as well and like Banks fiction he takes the normal everyday and slowly de-normalises it and makes it something dark.

I also started reading How Few Remain again but I seem to have misplaced my copy again...
Around these I've read The Masque Of Vile, Scars and Betrayer as well as The Legacy Of Caliban series from 40K, I quite liked Cypher in that one. I feel the need to read some Pratchette soon as well as some more Banks and I might just dig out some Michael Marshall Smith as I've not read those in a while. Till my next book post, keep reading

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: