Thursday 20 March 2014

The Venerable Ancient of The Glorious 1000

Another one where my OCD might be showing...
I won this one a while ago on ebay but with one thing and another it's been a slow paint and build. This is my 3rd metal Venerable Dreadnought and this one is a Venerable Dreadnought, The Lion's Blades doubles as a Chaplin Dreadnought and and The Knights Of Blood is a Furioso Librarian Dreadnought. My one problem is that I wasn't planning on giving The 1000 much in the way of old stuff, Dreads, Terminators, Honour Guard, as I wanted something different from The Lion's Blades with all the Rouge Trader era tanks, and when I started to paint it I was still thinking about putting a Fist, Raven or a Howling Griffon symbol to show where it came from, I might still add that at the back. As always with one of these minis I stripped it back and base coated it, then gave it a half coat of Kharak Stone, I later found out in assessembly that I had painted it the wrong way round so I had to repaint the middle part of the body. A close look at the back shows I have kept the mistake with the power pack by doing the colours reversed, the metal sections where painted black then dry brushed with bronze. The orange is of course blazing orange, I did the seals with Mechrite red and Ushubati Bone. Then put all the pieces together. Again this one like the Chaplin Dread doesn't have a shin guard. Just the chapter symbol left to add to this guy, I will put a post up later in the week showing this one with the other 2.

No comments: