Monday 3 February 2014

Ravenwing And Knights Of Blood Librarian Dreadnought

Over the weekend I got got the single bike and the 2 Attack Bikes done for The Lion's Blades 2nd Company. The photo shows the current strength of my 2nd Company, 2 full bike Squads with Attack Bikes and Land Speeder support, the Command Squad, Librarian, Land Speeder Vengeance, Nepilihim Jet Fighter, the, currently, solo Land Speeder
that I plan to build the 3rd squad around and my rarely seen Sammeal conversion. With the bikes all done I got onto my next project... I was watching another of the old metal Venerable Dreadnoughts on Ebay last week and by Friday it was still on
Come Sunday at 16.20 I was sat in Costa Coffee abusing their free wifi and watching the clock tick down, with a minute to go it was still at £15 and I did my usual trick of wacking in my maximum bid with a few seconds spare still £15. the clock ticks down and I win with my original bid, shiny! So with winning a 2nd classic metal Venerable Dreadnought
zero bids and so I put my opening bid in and waited. I had to work out what to do with it next, I looked in boxes and found my Knights of Blood and remembered the backwards dread I was using as a Furioso Librarian Dread. I took the arms off it and the sovnya and put them on the other metal Venerable dread I have to see how they looked. The pole arm looked good and the claw arm, apart from needing painting worked well.
I got the Wazdakka red out and painted a base coat on the arm, I then added a thin wash of nuln oil when it was dry, after that was dry I dry brushed with the scarlet to give it the look I'm aiming for with this army. The last 2 pictures are the painted arm on the metal Venerable Dread and the metal Venerable dreads Assault Cannon arm on the plastic Venerable dread

No comments: