Wednesday 13 November 2013

Mastodon Latest WIP

Few days off work and I'm already moving on with this build, used up the last of my super glue last night sticking the back plate and sides to the base and used some of the green stuff to fill the gaps where the fit is less than perfect (all of them). After gluing the angled plate I'd fitted on roughly was massivly undersized so I flipped that and put it underneath as a brace where the body mates with the head, that was last night. This morning I cut a new angle plate and then started to finess myself a top deck. For this one I actually got the tape measure out and did some vaugely accurate measurments, but my cutting was a touch up. So with some remedial trimming and gently knife work to trim out the foam but leave the plastic coat I got the top deck on. As it stands now I can fit 10 marines on there, but I still need to fit a casment around the top to give the riders cover.

Bottom photo; while out working yesterday I saw this lego kit, the Mandolorian Speeder, had to double check but if you squint you could pass this off as a Forge World Javlin  Land Speeder I think, and half the price.

No comments: