Friday 11 October 2013

Project Titan.

So problems still with adding photos to the blog but I wanted to post anyway about how I have started on my Scout Class Titan made from the Star Wars ATST and a Zoid Red Scavenger. Yesterday I started painting the last squad of Traitor Guard for the Fallern Angel Army, managed to get the brown coats, flesh and trousers painted. I ran out of sun light before I could get the Wazzdakka Red on the armour plates and helmets but I still wanted to get some hobby work in. I checked my to do pile and got the ATST and Red Scavenger Zoid out to rough it out. I started with blu tacking the shell to the chassis, this was a bit loose and I was thinking of getting some bowling rods and a bracket to hold the shell together, while I had this mocked up I looked at the motor that came with the zoid and saw that it was housed in a shell that has the mounting points built into it. So I disassembled that and put it back together without the motor or wheels and blu tacked that to the chassis, I then found that I needed to take the shell pieces apart to fit them onto the mounting points. After finishing this I again mounted with blu tac to the chassis. This was a bit loose and I didn't like the idea of gluing the shell unit to the chassis so I dug out the green stuff and the magnets & added magnets, 2 at the rear and 2 at the sides, in the morning when the green stuff had cured and I mated it up I looked it over and thought that I'm going to need more magnets on it to give it a more secure feel. On Sunday I'm going to have a look in my local hardware store for brackets to mount the weapons on and will once again look round the charity shops for something to use as a cockpit/head and work out how to mount it. EDIT- right linked my g+ to my blog as I can't add photos here for now, so if you really want to see the pics they're being added to my g+ page and if you follow the profile link you should be able to see them there.

No comments: