Tuesday 27 August 2013

Deathwing Knights All In One Place

So after finishing this ,seemingly, mammoth and expensive project (nearly £100 on a single 5 man squad, so glad I'm single and don't have to explaine that to a girlfriend/wife) I thought I'd gather all the photos into one place so people could see the progression from old school Dreadnought to 6th ed Deathwing Knight
Starting with the finished product and the begining.
Compontents and 3 stripped dreads ready to be painted
So 3 of my painting and assembly stages
The 3 of the 4 types that made up the old school Dreadnought range; Long legged wide body, short legged wide body and short legged narrow body, don't have a longed legged narrow body. Shields and maces base coated at this point.
So I wanted the arms to be easy to get on and off for transport, I didn't like the idea of constantly re glueing the arms every time I take this unit to a game so I added magnests to the arms and the shoulder plates on the dreads, there is a nice little hole that a dowl on the weapon or had fitted into and the magnets I bought fitted nicely into those with the help of some green stuff so the magnet didn't vanish inside the body of the dread, I then added green stuff to hide the magnets
So the 90% stage, this was before I'd magnetised the arms. I had just finished the Land Raider and wanted to show off a bit.
Forge World shoulder pads added and green stuff blacked out this was nearly it, it was a happy day.
Done and dusted, now onto the next 5 and the 2 Predators and the Chaos Guard for my Fallen. I'll still most likely have done another 5 before I get round to starting my Eldar.

No comments: