Friday 23 August 2013

3 Weeks Of Ridding, Work And I've Finially Completed A Project!

So over the last 3 weeks I've not actually been doing nothing on the hobby front, I have been working hard, but I have had difficulty getting online to blog about it as a frined of mine wants to loose some weight and has been dragging me around the North West on my days off on a bike.
I've had a couple of games and have been running a Deathwing Army in them, at one point this is what I rolled. I know by the law of averages that it should happen every now and again but it was a surprise to actually see it.
The Land Speeder Tornado and Typhoon have been painted up and are ready to be tried out on the table top. I really like the look of the Typhoon with the missile pods underslung, if I get anymore I think I'll do it that way again.
So one of the Deathwing games I got in I put this guy down as a Sgt a couple of the guys suggested I redo him as a Terminator Chaplin, so a quick scoot through the bits box and a re-paint and he was good to go
My re-working of models carries on. I dug out the 2 Missile Launcher squads I have, Glorious 1000 and Lions Blades and started to re-paint them. So far I've got the Space Crusade ML done up in The Lions Blades colours but have to yet to start to on the other squad to make them Glorious 1000. I also got another squad of Terminators to make up a short fall I had in a squad of scratch builds. When the bottom photo was taken I'd dropped the army under my chair. The DA Veteran has had a little bit of work done on him, I've added a small chain blade taken from the Tartarus Pattern terminator kit and am using it as a chain knife, could do with finding another one and seeing if I can make a pair.
Last but by no means least here are my Deathwing Knights, so far useless on the table, but I'm going with the theory that they know they aren't finished yet so aren't performing to their full capacity. I ordered the Forge World Deathwing shoulders as I said I would on payday ( payday took a fecking long time coming I can tell you!) and had by that point magnetised the arms, all that was left to do was paint the green stuff and the pads and fit them. So far I haven't had a game with them since I finished but everyone is impressed with them that's seen them. Now where can I get another 5 of the short legged chucks...

No comments: