Saturday 27 October 2012

Captain of my Codex Allies Chapter, The Glorious 1000

As you can see this is, if you have followed what I do here, my ususal method of painting officers, the exploded way. The bits used are a khorne Berzerker Power Pack, a fantasy orc spear arm, a Khorne Berzerker head and body and Warrior of Chaos legs. the right arm has an Empire fantasy pistol glued onto the end as a auxiliary grenade launcher with a shoulder mounted Plasma Pistol
By the time I'd got round to painting this one I'd found a symbol that I was willing to use and have added it to the 'belt buckle on this guy as both shoulder paldrons have moulded bits on. The keen eyed amoungst you will notice that the power pack has been painted the wrong way round, this was an accident but I'm going to bluff this out and say it's a Rnak thing and do this with Librarain, Chaplins and Forge Father, if I ever increase this allies to more than just a small detachment.
And in the last photo we can see the finished model, i've converted the spear by cutting off the rock head that was on it at first and filing out a gap between the prongeds that are modled onto the model so I could put the last of my ogre swords in there. I'm using this in game as a Relic Blade, the Captain is in Artificer Armour as well.

No comments: