Thursday 13 September 2012

Counts as Canis Wolfborn


My 5th Company is a little different than normal, like my 8th Assault Company I'm making this one from a different Codex, 8th are Black Blood Angels and the 5th are Black Space Wolves. My original plan was not to use any named characters but I had this buggy knocking round for a while and just thought "whay the hell am I going to do with this thing?" about the same time as I was reading the Space Wolf Codex and thought feck it I'll let myself use a couple of the named guys and one of them is Canis Wolfborn on his Thunderwolf. Of course this looks nothing like a Wolf and the character dosen't have Lightning Claws, but with Claws now being as powerful as a Power Sword, more or less, I gave him lots of swords to play with on the front of his buggy and if anybody says anything I'll remind them he's a counts as model. The other 2 I'm allowning myself to use are Ulrik The Slayer and Bjorn The Fell Handed, Ulrik is an old Chaplin, that has been embedded in the 5th for a very long time and Bjorn the Fell Handed is the Company Master that was in Command when they where lost for 3000 years, looking out for his Warriors after all this time.
So the first 2 photos are of the buggy as I said the third is partly where the idea came from, yes that is Clouds bike from Final Fantasy, I liked the idea of him having lots of swords for either hand, as Space Marines are supposed to be ambidexterous after all.




















I'm waiting for Scibor to release this baby as I'll be using these as my counts as Thunderwolves, with the very original name of Thundercats as I'm not to sure if my converting skills would be up to modding loads of bikes into quads, I know for sure my budget isn't. For the background I'm saying that the 5th has their own elite branch of the Ravenwing and the Thundercats and the buggy are examples of lost tech that they found during their sojorn, the techmarine have taken them apart and sent the reversed engineered schematics back to Mars but nothing is forth coming about these designs being rolled out yet.

No comments: