Monday 13 June 2011

More Knights Of Blood

Over the weekend I finished of my first tactical squad of my Knights of Blood Army and also added my Librarian to this army, as I'd forgotten about him and pulling him out of the XIX and dropping him in here was by far the easiest option. So I've gone with one black leg, one red arm and a blue for the rest with a red robe, I also rooted out the Forge World Stormbolter for him that I recovered from the Club bits box. The Captain has had a major rebuild as well, going for the Knightly feel I found this old body with an Empire Knight helmet and added it to a pair of Knight legs I'd used before. The only original parts from the first Captain are the arms which I've just swapped over. I've also added a shield from the Fantasy High Elves range as it had tears on it that I'm going to call blood drops and it fitted with the Knightly feel I'm trying to get going.
Next up is the Tactical Squad. I've added some grey stuff to most of the helmets to give them, again, a more Knightly feel, but other than that theses are mostly basic paint jobs with no conversion work done to them apart from the Sgt, no I tell a lie there there is a couple of converted ork shooters pressed into service as bolters here. With the Sgt. I've gone with a Fantasy repeating musket to give it an archaic feel, and will use it as a Stormbolter in games if the points allow me to. Although I did get majorly distracted by the Canadian GP at some points, come on it was on tv for over 5 hours! But it was one hell of a race when it got going what with Jenson Button coming from the back of the pack to win the race ON THE FINAL LAP!

No comments: